Garrad Jemima c1796

Looking for long lost relatives ?
Post all your Family History enquiries here
ritar

Garrad Jemima c1796

Post by ritar »

I'm seeking info on Jemima [Garrad], born Bures about 1796. I'd like to find out whether Garrad was her maiden name, or whether she married a Garrad and was widowed pre 1837. She married David Sumner on 3.1.1837 at Mount Bures, but censuses shows children born 1820-1828. If she was widowed after the births, I'll know she wasn't the mother of David's children. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Shelagh

Re: Garrad Jemima c1796

Post by Shelagh »

Hi There, I also have Garrad's who live in Bures but have no mention of your one so far. On group became butchers and another group went in services. The first lot are mine and the second are another researchers family. We have not as yet been able to tire them together.
There were a lot of Garrad's around Bures in the early 1800.
Shelagh
alan

Post by alan »

I have a printout of all the descendants of John Garrad (b 15??) and there is no mention of a Jemima anywhere.
ritar

Post by ritar »

I really appreciate you both taking the trouble to look for me. I've found (on familysearch) a Jemima christened 16.8.1795 Bures St Mary but think she may have married a William Miles in 1810. Guess it'll have to remain a mystery until parish records for Mount Bures are on line.
alan

Post by alan »

I don`t know of any plans to put the Mount Bures records online, not sure if they are held in the Parish or the local RO.
I suggest you look at this link:-
http://www.achurchnearyou.com/wormingford-st-andrew/
Henry Heath, the vicar looks after Wormingford and Mount Bures.
He will be able to tell you where the records are currently held, they may be at Chelmsford RO.

Bures St Mary records are all held at Bury St Edmunds RO.

UPDATE:- Anne Carter a Garrad researcher in Norfolk has informed me that no such lady exists in her very comprehensive records.