Garrad family help

Looking for long lost relatives ?
Post all your Family History enquiries here
Shelagh

Garrad family help

Post by Shelagh »

Good evening, I am new to this newsletter and have joined for the following reasons. 1 to say how interesting I found all the information about Bures and especially the family tree of the Garrad family and all the old photographs of the village.
I have a special interest in the Garrad family as they are related to me on my mother’s side. Although I’m not sure yet how those listed on the family tree show on the web site links in with my side of the family. My Great Grandfather Horatio James Garrad’s father James 1828-27-11-1902 was born in Bures as far as I can establish from census records later in his life. Although I have been unable to find out where he lived in Bures from their census records of earlier times.
As I live in Berkshire it is not easy to get information and I would be more than happy if anyone can help me further in anyway. I did get some information from a kind person on the baptismal records for the parish, but due to software problems lost the contact person who gave me these.
I notice on the Garrard information that Mrs Anne Carter of Norwich supplied the material for that but could not find a contact e-mail address for her as it says.
Again if anyone can help as I’m stuck and there are so many funnies about this family including it seems a Horatio James Garrad & a Horatio James Garrad or James Horatio Garrad born around the same time. This is from the 1881 census. I know my Horatio was a butcher in Essex and the other one was a butler living miles away (I forget where at the moment).
As I so any help or advice anyone can give me would be much appreciated.
Shelagh
deniselamb

Re: Garrad family help

Post by deniselamb »

Hello, I am also related to the Garrad Family. My grandmother was Dora Garrad and her family also come from Suffolk and were butchers. I wondered if you have found out any more information regarding the Garrads. I would love to hear from you if you have. Thank you . Denise.
Shelagh

Post by Shelagh »

sorry but have not had any more information at all. I haven't got any Dora Garrad on my lists. I have checked all the other Garrads I have found listing for and again no Dora. Sorry
Shelagh
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

I don't have Dora, Jemima or Horatio in my Garrad family tree.

But I don't claim to have a comprehensive tree - just those Garrads related to me.

Regards,

Kevin (Garrad)
Shelagh

Post by Shelagh »

Maybe one day we will all find the missing links?
Shelagh