Searching for information on Hartleys

Looking for long lost relatives ?
Post all your Family History enquiries here
gailnew

Searching for information on Hartleys

Post by gailnew »

Hello

Well done on creating this family history message board - I'm sure it will be a great repository of information which could otherwise not be shared.

My grandfather, Harry Josiah Hartley was born in Bures in 1908, and his siblings were Ernest, Walter, Mabel, Alice and Amy. Parents were Thomas Hartley and Rosannah Cansdale.

I was hoping that someone might be able to tell me something about where they lived and what became of the family members. Any information at all would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards
Gail
isis

Post by isis »

JOHN WILLINGHAMS SIBLINGS WERE
CHARLES BORN 1827 HE MARRIED MARIA BORN 1828 IN BURES. IN 1901 THEY HAD GEORGE CARDY AS A LODGER
ELIZA BORN 1820
GEORGE BORN 1836.DIED 1892
THOMAS BORN 1831. MARRIED HANNAH FROST IN BURES IN 1854.THEY HAD THREE DAUGHTERS SARAH BORN 1867. ELIZA BORN 1870 AND MARY WHO MARRIED ARTHUR CANSDALE AND HAD A SON.
DIED 1894
isis

Post by isis »

Jane Cardy Married Edwin Hills about 1881 and her baseborn son Frederick was born about 1879 was later called Frederick Hills and were living in London in 1891.
Daniels family lived next door to Charles and Ellen Willingham in 1881.
Daniel Cardy secondly married Mary Ann Cansdale about 1881. he died 1905 aged 89.

These are the only Cansdale people I have in my Bures tree. I think some Cansdale men died in the two world wars and their names are on the war memorial in the Bures churchyard.
alan

Post by alan »

Look at this link to see the names on the War Memorial

http://www.bures-online.co.uk/Memorial/memorial.htm

Alan