Looking For Deaves

Looking for long lost relatives ?
Post all your Family History enquiries here
Denis

Looking For Deaves

Post by Denis »

hi - have just found out that my greatgrandfather came from Bures, James Deaves and his wife Harriet. They moved to London and had 7 children, one of them my grandfather Charles. They lived in Regant Street Greenwich do you have any info on them

Denis Deaves cardiff
isis

Deaves family

Post by isis »

I noticed on the Bures website, there is a new addition about people who had been in the second world war and applied for some fund money, there are a number of Deaves on the list, perhaps some of those belong to you, it gives their address and rank.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Denis,
look out also for the photo of builder Stanley Deaves by the war memorial.

I don't know how far you have researched your family history so you may or may not know that James Deaves (born Bures Q1 1856) married Harriet Theobald (born Bures Q1 1854) in Bures during Q2 1875.

In 1881,they were living at 6 Elizabeth Place, Greenwich with their 3 children,Anne (7), Walter (5) ....both born in Bures and James (2), born in Greenwich.

Also living with them was James snr's 21 year old brother,Walter Deaves.
Last edited by Rob on Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Denis

Post by Denis »

hi thanks a lot it helps to put things right. my father fredrick grandfather charles greatgrandfather james from bures and his wife harriet. we did not know she was a theobald. whot with harveys. comily it can do your head in as i say thanks a lot to all denis deaves cardiff
Rob

Post by Rob »

Your very welcome to the info and thanks for your PM. :)
jeremycwperkins

Re: Looking For Deaves

Post by jeremycwperkins »

My family is related to the Deaves through marriage. Stanley Deaves (Chrles son??) was married to my grandmother's sister. I have passed a copy of this post on to a "Deaves" cousin.

Jeremy Perkins
macca

Re: Looking For Deaves

Post by macca »

Hi
Great G Grandmother was Esther Deaves born Chelsworth Suffolk 1841, daughter of Thomas Deaves and Susan Swan. Esther married Jacob Harvey in chelsworth then their eldest daughter Emily Susan married Arthur/ frederick Stebbing in 1881 and they lived in Bures until their death.