Howards

Looking for long lost relatives ?
Post all your Family History enquiries here
Smedley

Howards

Post by Smedley »

I am researching my family history and have traced my Howard line back to Bures, are there any Howards still in the area? My G G Grandather was born in Bures St Mary in 1830 his name was Henry Howard my G G G Grandmother was also born in Bures St Mary in 1804 her name was Sarah Elliston. Any help would be great.

Steven Medley
Con

Re: Howards

Post by Con »

I have recently discovered that Sarah Elliston (Alliston?) has a place in my family history as well. Her son Charles Howard, born in 1844 in Bures St. Mary, moved to Marylebone in Middlesex and married my great-aunt Julia there in 1868. Although I have not researched other Howard family members I believe that a brother of Charles called William was also living in Marylebone as well. Charles had a son called Charles Hedley and at least three wives; I have a good deal of information about his life and would be happy to share information.
alh

Re: Howards

Post by alh »

In the 1871 census my G grandfather William Howard stated he was born abt 1836 in Bures, Essex. (At that time he was living with his wife and family in Fingringhoe, Essex. I cannot find a match in the Census of Surnames for 1841/1851. I also note that by 1871 there were no Howards living in Mount Bures. Do you have any relevant information?
Many thanks. ALH