Serving the communities of Bures St Mary and Bures Hamlet



Bures Water Treatment Works, Colchester Rd

Opened in 1937 and constructed by Henry Everett & Sons.
Here the staff are carrying out the final pointing of the brickwork before handing over the building
The 1937 photographs kindly supplied by Rob Brown
Robs brother,grandad and great grandfather all worked for Henry Everitt

Work commences early 2012 extending the existing site

Initial Foundation work
5th May 2012

Plan courtesy of Anglian Water  

Adjacent parishes supplied from the treatment works (Courtesy of AWA)

Construction work dated 2nd July 2012
Work completed, photographs taken April 2013

Photographs by Alan Beales